Saturday, April 2, 2011

gold vs. angel? material vs. spiritual and other-worldly? i really don't know.

Again, always dreaming of fish and water.  (Funny ironic sidenote, my iTunes is currently playing "Weird Fishes" by Radiohead).

My dream last night:

In a dimmed apartment on a rainy day, an old coworker of mine ran up to me, laughing and drunk. "Stephanie Stephanie my fish!  They're not in my tank anymore!" He was out of breath and rolling in laughter.  Being the animal lover that I am, I was more concerned if they were alive and okay, so I made it my mission to find the two missing fish.  I knew one was a goldfish, so on my hands and knees and quite tediously, I dug within cushions, under couches, everywhere.  Nothing to be found.  But beside the coffee table humbly laying on the carpet in all its smallness was a flicker of a flash of silvery blue.  Next, it rested in the palm of my hand, and I recognized it to be an angelfish.  I felt sad for it, concerned.  Like something precious and valuable had been lost, potentially forever.  But in a moment its gills flinched and mouth opened and closed and I knew it was coming back to life.  I dropped it into the tank, where it swam in circles and finally, came to a standstill to look at me.  I stared back in a calm and inquisitive communion.  Coming up behind it in some strange opaque orange mesh was the goldfish, which hadn't ever left the tank at all.  I was satisfied, but not completely at ease.   My coworker said to me, "Ah the fish - you found them! You know the goldfish is gonna get so big he'll outdo the angelfish!"  But I knew the angelfish would always capture me most.

I have yet to figure out what this might translate to...but...needless to say I'll probably be mulling over it all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment