Monday, March 28, 2011

Animal Ego!

I know that if I was an animal I would definitely be a bird.  Understatement.  Everybody knows that. 

Ok.

So my alternative animal ego is.......an octopus!  I totally realized that the other day and was like Ah Hah.  Pretty much up there in status with Lewis and Clark discoveries.  Columbus, even.........maybe not. 

A big decision is coming up very quickly in my life (AmeriCorps? Do it again? In SLO? San Diego? Stay... go? Stay go stay go I dunno?).  As one part of myself was telling the other part of myself basically to Chill the F out, dudette, this is when I realized this.  I'm an octopus because I'm always trying to get myself into too many things at once, whether they be activities or just ideas.  8 limbs = 8 ways to reach out, 8 things to do think touch see say at once.  I always want it all at once.  Pulled in 8 different directions and always getting nowhere.  Or creeping along a path slowly, barely.  One incongruity is the whole inking thing.  I dunno, I think I'm pretty non-dramatic about most things in life, but when confronted with a crux or a conflict, I do have my private--OK! and not-so-private (thank you all loving friends and family) Freak Out moments.  Sometimes I just think too much and get lost and stuck in the webbing I've created.  So I suppose maybe I do, in a way, "ink" my way out of a situation--get spooked and put up defenses and somehow slink away into the darkness.  But that's rare, and truly not for long.  Cuz anyone who knows me knows I gotta talk about whatever pressing issue is at hand.  And then generally within 24 hours I'm ok ;)

And hey, let's not forget how incredibly intelligent octopi are.  ((I am smart enough to open jars!))  So when put to good use, I can be very effective.  If only I could channel those energies more often than not!

No comments:

Post a Comment