Wednesday, March 23, 2011

just a sec

Too often in life, and no matter what age we are, we let our fears govern our actions.  I have recently reawakened to that ying-yang pull and pattern of victim vs. creator of one's own concerns.  And I'm really proud to say that as tempting as it is to allow myself to fall prey to worry, failure, judgment, I think I've been doing well in keeping my head above water during the unpredictable times of now.  Ironically, I've been having reoccurring dreams of myself floating on top of daunting murky rapids, or violently thrashing under crystal oceans.  Regardless, I'm surviving.  Whenever I'm under water I realize that I can breathe, and then it's really not so scary.  Discovering breath, discovering voice, rediscovering that I am capable. 

Hey...I have power!

And you know?  For a flutter inside a second...in the lightening-like shutter speed of a blinking lens, I am fearless.  Carefree.  Owner of who I am.  In just a moment!  That's all it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment