Sunday, May 15, 2011

Morro Bay

Morro Bay...a strange place.  It just oozes run-down retro.  Built up in, what - the 60's, 70's? and not really renovated since?  Old school barber shops (with that spinning stripes thing twirling about--what the hell are those and why do they symbolize "hair cut here?"), antique stores and salted, tired beach shanties that house seemingly very satisfied human beings.  It took a while for it to grow on me, but something about Morro Bay keeps drawing me in and I'm proudly appreciating it more each time.

I drove there today because sometimes, I feel this magnetic pull and there's nothing I can do about it but just go to the water because it always has something to say.  And while the sea lions could be heard from blocks away, asking over and over again "Huh? Huh? Huh?" (I'm sorry guys, you're super cute and all but I just don't have the answer), I felt like.....Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  Om.  Namaste!  There's something real about breathing in the sea air, wafts of funky fish even don't seem so offensive as the inhale of such an odor is soothingly suitable, expected, comforting, thematic.  Although my excitement for that predictable drab grey of the Morro Bay skyline rerouted when I saw sun illuminate the rock, it was still just as enjoyable, if not more.

And what did the bay have to tell me, or really, what did I discover on my own?  Well gosh, I don't entirely know.  Except....I feel gratitude for feeling more peaceful and accepting of myself and the challenges I have faced, am facing, and will be facing.  I'm not who I was back in '07-09, when that was my rock-bottom of all moments to-date. (Pun intended regarding the rock).....so, with a small pat on my back all I can do is move on and forward.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment