Thursday, February 3, 2011

my shakespearean dilemma

To go out?  Or not to go out?  .....that is the question....that is ALWAYS the question.  I'm so tired of never being able to make up my mind!  I suppose it's a fortunate problem: the option to rest in a quiet home with my cozy bird on my shoulder, or mingle with various groups of awesome friends and acquaintances.  Lately I've been lamer than lame.....L-7 Weenie status.  To the max.  Seriously.  Have I been enjoying it?  Yes and no....not to the greatest potential, at least.  Anxiety, my unwanted guest, who drops in with surprise visits doesn't seem to be any less-frequent either, but I do enjoy the down-time.  And with creeping guilt resides the thought that I should be living my life to its fullest at all times.  Half the time I know what I want to do, you know, bust out my party pants and dance (and possibly but certainly not always) drink the night into oblivion.  Then regret it in the morning with a secret smile and repeat performance.  Otherwise it's Grandma Stephanie ready to darn you a pair of woolly socks, Ovaltine in hand.  When I can't decide I typically leave my decision up to the passing of Time to sabotage any realistic opportunity of being social.  So then it's just too late, I'm just too tired, and I just can't go out anymore because I've waited so long to NOT figure it out that I'm already asleep and everyone's done for the night anyway.

Man, I really need to stop doing that!!!

2 comments: